Post  Admin on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:07 am

WHO GOT YOU STARTED AND WHAT YEAR

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://nitrofrankiegofasthd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: GIVEN CREDIT TO WHO GOT YOU STARTED

Post  Admin on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:17 pm

My Father Frank Sr raced a Stroked Sportster in the early 70's I was a huge fan of Vito Sabato's growing up watched him race for over 20 years I was on Chris Rasiles crew for a few years then a few years with John Valente's Team then teamed up with Mark Simiola Sterling Performance Became friends with NITROSANTA Don Johnson took a couple of years off now I am building a 114 Injected EVO The Gentlemen I have mentioned here have pushed me some way or another and fueled my fire and have incouraged me to go to a Racing level I only dreamed about
BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ALL
NITROFRANKIE

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  johnny v.. on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:02 pm

thanks frank, but i have to tell the truth . you did the same to the people you mentioned. we put alot of miles on in the silver van. and been to more rain outs then people been to the track when the sun was out. a phrase from warren johnson [the professor] the BLACK TOP IS THE TRUE DYNO.you and myself proved that . johnny put one more tooth on the back wheel. 8700 plus many countless times .broke many autometer tacks [the needle did the 360 ] Very Happy

johnny v..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:10 pm

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:16 pm

me my sister and my mom 1969 on my Fathers bike
this is the same bike as the top photo Dover dragstrip in 1967
Bike was a 1957 sportster 74 inch stroker

Last edited by Admin on Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:20 pm

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:22 pm

John
Thank You for the kind words

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:46 pm

I raced this bike 1998 and 1999

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Iron89 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:29 pm

John Valente 1993 ECRA 11.30 Class , Motor by Von Bueller
Iron89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sterlinghp on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:02 pm

[img][/img]
I began my passion for the drags in 1976 when I drove my 69 Chevlle to CT Dragway and swapped the tires to a 9" M&H set of cheater slicks. I did not have a clue what I was doing but had a tall task of keeping up the reputation of having a fast car in town. Boy was I dissappointed until a guy with a pack of cigarettes in his tee shirt sleeve by the name of Al Hofman calmed me down and set me straight on hooking the car up. Al who rand a camaro named Sundays Child later went on to a successfull Funny Car carreer up to his untimely death. I will always remember his helping me and I never let him forget it when I would see him in later years on the circuit. When I decided that racing was what I wanted to do, an unlikely mentor appeared to lead me on the project of building a drag race car. Bob Zeidler who had provided support in both fabrication and engine building to several Nascar modified teams in the Northeast and never got the recognition that most of us who knew his skills thought he deserved. His dedication to the project was incredible and will never be forgotten. When I decided to switch to motorcycle drag racing another unlikely mentor appeared. I was at Atco Dragway in 1985 and had just completed a rebuild on my 80" FXR with way too much compression, gapless rings, and now where enough duration on the cam which was a recipe for being unable to turn the motor over with a Harley starter. Vito Sabato saw 5 men pushing me down the staging lanes trying unsuccessfully to pop start me and offered me his roller. Chris Rasil and Jimmy Finley, and Birdman, alternated starting me the rest of the day. Vito has continued to give me enormous support since that day. While I have the forunate choice of running whatever engine I want I choose the Iron head in honor of him who has given me so much over the past 25 years. My friend of over 45 years Peter Derosa who is pictured on my bike has helped me with my racing projects since the begining and is the kind of person you need by yourside when you need to change head gaskets between rounds after an nitrous explosion. The Iron Head fueler in the picture incidentally was built by Frank Toth. Nothing since has come close to those E.C.R.A days both in quality and quantity of racers and spectators! I have been fortunate to have had the relationships with the men I have mentioned above who helped ignite my fire and many more along the way who have taught me and supported my passion. I have not mentioend all of the names as this topic is focused on who got you started, but you guys know who you are. I am fortunate to still have the car (pictured above) and the FXR so I can blow the dust off once and awhile and relive some of the pivital moments and relationships I have had along the way.
Mark S.

sterlinghp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RM on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:00 pm

[img][/img]

Hard to narrow down the list of those who got me interested. My Uncle Dave Van Sice TT & Drag Raced Triumphs, older brother Skip took me to the drag races when he was racing cars when I was a kid, grew up reading about Sonny Routt, Borris Murray, TC, Joe Smith Ray Price, Marion Ownes, Sonny Raslewski (sp?) Carl Morrow, and a host of others. Had a little shop in Wilmington De, dealt w/ Sonny Routt, great guy great service. Kenny Harmon taught me about cam timing on the phone. I had Charlie Kowchak rebuild my old XL, every time I stopped by to make a payment he gave me an education on H-D rebuild. The list goes on and on, and I thank them all. The only fuel bike I ever rode spent most of it's time in the dirt.

RM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top